1. How I collect and use your information
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information. I will only collect and use your information…
- If necessary, to comply with a legal obligation or court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your Information to fulfill your order, settle disputes, provide customer service, or otherwise perform a lawfully bound contract with you for my obtainable services;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list; and
Automatic Collection of Information
I automatically collect certain information when you visit my Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. I do not link this information with any of your personal information.
C Maddux Write targets an adult audience and does not knowingly collect information related to children under the age of 15. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your Information, including your email address.
2. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Client information is of the upmost importance to C Maddux Write! I share your personal information for limited reason and in limited circumstances:
- Service Providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my business, such as invoices. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. Upon the circumstance I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraudulent and other illegal activities, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my clients, or others.
3. Data Retention
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
4. Securing Your Information and Data
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard any Information I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard your Information and any further data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Information. You may, at any time, ask, take action, and contact me in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are detailed below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You have the right to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information within the boundaries of law. Absent exceptional circumstance (my requirement to store data for legal obligations) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that Information, or if it is needed for legal obligations.
- Raise Concerns. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), I, Crystal Maddux, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Information, please contact me via my contact details below.
My full details are:
C Maddux Write, LLC
2830 131st Street, Apt 16
Toledo, OH 43611
Email for Questions: email@example.com